Elsa has officially moved into her big girl room! We've been working on it for a little while now, spending time in it playing, and attempted a couple of naps in it before officially moving her in. She loves being in her new room and really enjoys the freedom of being able to climb in and out of bed on her own. At the start of the week I tried laying on the floor next to her during nap time. I thought it might help her feel more comfortable, but little did I know it would result in an hour of her getting in and out of bed, laying on top of me, and using my body as a foot stool and my face as a book rest. So Thursday Chad was home for lunch and we did her normal nap time routine and then just put her in her bed and left. Amazingly she didn't cry or whine and she slept for three hours!
 |
| This is how she looked after sleeping for three hours in her new bed! Messy hair and full of smiles! |
 |
We celebrated a good nap with one of Elsa's favorite snacks - chex mix!
|
So after dinner on Thursday we decided to just go for it and make the transition complete. We moved the remaining items out of her nursery and finished decorating her big girl room. She got to help and loved it. I was quite nervous putting her down on Thursday night, but she slept all night long! Napped great again on Friday and then Friday night I left her bean bag chair out (instead of hiding it) and at 4:45 a.m. I woke up to find that at some point in the night she'd woken up, gotten out of bed, and carried her bean bag chair into bed with her. She was snuggled up right next to it! :) I didn't think to get a picture of it at 4:45 a.m.!
 |
| Her big girl bed |
 |
| Her toy cubbies |
 |
Her reading corner
|
Most of the time she just sits in bed and waits for one of us to come and get her - sometimes she remembers she has the freedom to get out and run to the door. She really seems to be enjoying her new big girl room. I cannot believe she's old enough for a toddler bed and a new room already. I must say I was quite emotional taking the decorations out of the nursery and packing away her crib bumper pads.
 |
| Elsa reading books in her reading corner |
 |
| Playing with her blocks and rings |
No comments:
Post a Comment