Yesterday at 3:00 p.m. our 10th Relay for Life started. It ended today at 3:00 p.m. Chad and I were discussing how "once upon a time" we'd stay up for the entire event and how we'd easily walk 15+ miles in that time period. Oh how life has changed! I was excited that both Elsa and Gavin were able to Relay with us this year. I love it that when Elsa sees our team banner and sees my Mom's picture she says "Grandma, it's Grandma." I love it that she is learning we Relay for her Grandma. I love it that I get to spend the day with my family. I hate it that my Mom isn't there with us.
With our two little Relayers we waited until this morning to head out to Relay. The kids did great - I am not sure Elsa sat much more than a few seconds at a time (which is why she was fast asleep before we even got on the road when the event was finished!). It was a beautiful day and we had a fun time spending it with family.
 |
| Grandpa and Gavin |
 |
| Elsa and Great Grandma |
 |
| Elsa and Kiya running the track |
 |
| The girls taking a break in the shade :) |
 |
| Our sister pic - for the past five Relays one of us has been pregnant! |
We will continue our mission until cancer is a word of the past. Thank you for supporting and encouraging us!
No comments:
Post a Comment