Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fruit

Elsa has been eating lots of new foods lately.  She's doing really well and hasn't really disliked any of them.  Bananas and peaches have been the strongest tasting and her facial expressions show it!  Each time we introduce a new fruit or veggie she is shocked by the flavor.  It usually takes a couple of spoonfuls before she's over the initial shock, but then enjoys eating the rest of it.    

First taste of peaches - this was a strong one!  
Still not so sure...
...a little better...

Elsa had bananas as her first taste of solids after cereal.  Since then I've been adding bananas to her oatmeal in the morning to help it taste a little bit better and she eats it much better this way.  I decided to give her bananas after her lunch one day and this is the reaction I got... 
"Whoa Mommy! What is that!?!"
...bitter...
..."and I think I will just spit it out"...

We haven't tried bananas solo again...

No comments: