Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Scary Day

Our day started out with Elsa having a very restless night of sleep because she was so congested.  We got up and moving around and she got much happier as the morning went on.  We wanted to go and visit Daddy at work so that Elsa could meet Daddy's work friends.  Elsa was not thrilled about having to get in her car seat, but I just kept telling her it's only a five minute ride and then we'll be able to see Daddy.  Well what was supposed to be a five minute drive turned into a thirty minute drive...on our way there I was stopped at a stop sign waiting to turn and the lady behind me rear-ended us!  I didn't realize at first what had happened, I didn't realize the impact or realize that I had gotten whip-lashed and hit my head on my seat, all I noticed was a very loud noise and Elsa started screaming.  Within seconds I realized what had really happened and terror struck.  I don't even remember putting my car in park, I just flew out my door to get to her.  I was just sure the back of the car had crunched and she'd been hurt.  THANKFULLY God was watching over us closely and Elsa was just fine.  She was just scared.  I was shaking so bad I couldn't get her unbuckled to hold her, so I just sat there crying and telling her everything was okay.  The poor little honey just cried so hard, it took a while to get her calmed down.  The poor lady that hit me had a baby in her car younger than Elsa and she was all upset and crying too.  Chad was just a few minutes away and when my hands stopped shaking enough to call him I was able to get ahold of him and he came to us and talked to her and looked at the car.  At this point I hadn't even gotten out of the car to see what the back end looked like.  There was no damage, I couldn't believe it, not even a paint mark!  The impact made it feel like the back end was completely crushed!  Both babies, mommies, and cars were fine.  Once we talked to the police and got everything settled we were able to go and visit Daddy at work and meet his work friends.  I've had a headache the rest of the day, but I think it's a combination of hitting my head and being scared.  We're so thankful that it all turned out okay and that no one was injured.  

No comments: