Elsa started kindergarten this morning! I can hardly believe she's old enough!
Favorite Food: Cinnamon Rolls
Favorite Color: Pink
What She Wants to Be When She Grows Up: A princess or an artist (she can't decide yet!)
She was very nervous this morning and hardly ate any breakfast. My hand was squeezed very tightly from the moment we parked the car until we got to her locker. Once we got inside her classroom she calmed down and went to her seat, put her inside shoes on, put her name tag on, and began working on her morning work. I tried leaving three times and she wasn't quite ready yet. So Gavin and I hung out with a few other moms in the classroom and finally the fourth time she gave me another hug, I reminded her I would pray for her all morning and that she'd have a great day and I would be back in just a few short hours. It was just a half day and when I got there to pick her up she was very set on following the rules and only came to the hall to switch her shoes and then went back into her class. Once she was dismissed she let me hug her and we went to Captain Sundae (where Daddy met us!) and had a celebratory lunch. She told us all about her morning and said she had a really good time. She got bumped in the head and cried, but got a hug from her teacher and then was all set. She colored some pictures and got to play outside at recess and went on a tour of the school. She said she was ready to go back tomorrow! I'd say it was a pretty good start to kindergarten!
No comments:
Post a Comment