It is so hard to believe that it's been 10 years since Mom went home to heaven. So many things have happened in those 10 years...I graduated from college, got a teaching job (and am going into my seventh year of teaching), had two kids, made some big and little changes to our home, got my mommy mobile, went from infant to baby to toddler to preschool and little kid stages (Elsa starts kindergarten soon!).
How could so much happen in 10 years without her here with me? Guiding me, teaching me, reassuring me that I'm doing okay through all this crazy? I'm trying to teach my kids all about her, letting them see some of her clothing and hear stories about a particular shirt or sweater, showing them pictures, sharing memories of her. Both kiddos love to bake so I can talk to them about a certain recipe that was their grandma's and they like that. They both ask me questions about her and about her being in heaven. Sometimes I can answer those questions and sometimes I cannot. Still 10 years later I miss her every.single.day.
However, I know she's happy and healthy and having am amazing time in heaven. The hurt is here on earth with us because we haven't made it to our eternal home in heaven yet. Someday, I'll be hugging her again. Until then, she's always in my heart.
Love you lots Momma!





No comments:
Post a Comment