I took the morning off so I could take Elsa to her kindergarten visiting day. She was so excited to go to her new school, meet her new teacher and her new classmates, and do some kindergarten activities. Once we got there she got so nervous and just clung to me! She would not let go of my hand and didn't like the idea of me leaving her classroom so I could go to the parent meeting. I got her started on an activity and then headed out to hear the parent information about Southside and kindergarten. I know she hasn't even started yet, but I already love the school. The staff are so passionate about the kids and about growing their hearts to love Jesus and it makes us so happy to know that Jesus will be such a large part of her day while at school. By the time my meeting was done, she was very much liking her new classroom, teacher, and new classmates. She's ready for school and is hoping to go back tomorrow! ;)
We had some extra time before I headed into work, so we went to Big Apple Bagel and shared a muffin and smoothie while talking about kindergarten. Just what this mommy's heart needed!
No comments:
Post a Comment