Saturday, September 20, 2014

Gavin's 2nd Birthday Party

Even though we have two days before Mr. Gavin is officially two - we celebrated him today with family.  It was a wonderful party with lots of good food, fun family to play with, great gifts, and yummy cake.  Gavin has been excited about his birthday party because he knew there'd be cake there. :)  He told me he wanted "gaw-kit gake" (chocolate cake).  So he was pretty pumped about the idea.  Once we were done with our lunch he liked opening his gifts, he did a great job opening his presents. He got a little side-tracked with the toy camera Elsa picked out for him, so then Elsa got to jump in and help with the present opening.  As soon as it was cake time he was in the dining room ready to go!  He got into his seat and was ready for the candles.  We started singing and he liked it, but then he got really shy and hid his face for the rest of the song.  He tried so hard to blow out his candles, but Elsa came in to help with that too.  He enjoyed cake and more play time with cousins before he fell asleep for a late nap.  We're so thankful for family to celebrate our little man with!  I am glad I still have two days to wrap my mind around the idea of having a two year old and a three year old!  :)  



Getting started with the presents...
His new Carhartt bibs he got from Grandpa and Lisa.  
His own Scout - that says his name!  

Big boy!  He liked the beginning of the singing...then...
...got shy and hid his face.  I was the only one that could see the giant smile under the table! 
Trying so hard to blow out his candles!  
Still trying!
Sissy helped and together they get them out! 
Delicious "gake"!  

2 comments:

jodi said...

First of all, LOVE the shorts! Secondly, he is sooo adorable! I can't believe he's 2 already. It seems like just yesterday that he was born. Happy 2nd Birthday Gavin!

tarabrouwer said...

That little man is SO special and stinkin' cute I can't even stand it. His smile is just something else. I love him SO SO much. See u soon Gav man!!! xoxo TT