We had our church picnic tonight at Teusink's Pony Farm. We waited until Monday to tell Elsa about going to the farm. It was a good thing because she could hardly wait. The whole ride there she kept saying, "I see the farm! I see the farm!" "Where is Old MacDonald?" "I go to Old MacDonald's farm!" As soon as we pulled in she literally screamed, "I want to ride a horse!" She could barely contain herself. We ate a quick supper and then headed out to explore the animals. She found cats first which she was very gentle with. Then she found ducks and wanted to touch them too, we quickly got her away before they tried to peck her. We found the goats, which she loved last year, but this year was a little hesitant with their loud noises. Chad got some food and showed her how to feed them and what does she do? She feeds a duck instead who basically gets the food and her finger! Tears, tears, and more tears. We got that under control and moved on to riding the ponies. I think last year she rode about 5 times, this year once was enough, there were too many other things to see. On the way to the barn, she got distracted by the hay ride and quickly climbed into the wagon. Chad, despite the fact that he's allergic, also climbed right up and away they went. Gavin and I (well really just me) enjoyed some ice cream while they were on their ride. When they got back we went into the barn and got to see all those animals. It took us forever to get her to head toward the van and then she saw the other kids fishing and decided she needed to try it. Thankfully there were some cats on the way to the van so we were able to corral her that way. Needless to say she cried when we finally got her in her seat and said, "Mommy I go to the farm again?" So I know where one of our fun outings will be to this summer!
 |
| They were so excited to be fed! |
 |
| Look at the duck's beak - it's no wonder she got bit! |
 |
| Standing back just a little... |
Riding Candy the pony.
 |
| She got to hold a baby bunny on the hay ride! |
Gavin did great too. He was a bit grumpy because he didn't nap all that well today and because it was getting late and he wanted to go to bed. But overall he did really well considering the fact he had to be held or in the stroller the whole time. I can only imagine next year with him walking all around the farm too!
 |
| This is his "I want some ice cream too" face. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment