We made it to Friday! Wow - I teach 50+ students each day in my classroom, but teaching my own 2 in my dining room has been exhausting! ;) We are definitely getting into a swing of things and learning our new normal. Chad has been working from home all week, but has been stuck in his "office" aka our laundry room for 12+ hours a day.
We started a Bingo game on Wednesday and finished it today with creating a fort. The kids decided to sleep in the fort tonight...we'll see how that goes.
We've started distancing ourselves from friends, even outside. The kids want to be able to play with the neighborhood friends and it's all just so hard for us to understand. I went to Meijer at 9:00 last night in hopes that it wouldn't be too busy. It wasn't too busy, but I was shocked at all the empty aisles. The section that caught me the most was the meat coolers. Every single section was completely empty, not one package of meat anywhere. I felt like I was stuck in a horror movie. The seriousness of all of this finally caught me I think. So now we're doing all we can to be thankful for what we have and make the best of an unpredictable situation.





No comments:
Post a Comment