Can it really be that nine years have come and gone since I saw her? Can it really be nine years has come and gone since I heard her voice or saw her smiling face? Nine years...that is a really long time to go without a mom. Nine years of growing and learning what life is like without her here on this Earth with us. Nine.
In those nine years I've had time to reflect on the amazing, selfless mom she was. I aim to be a mom like her. Now, when I do something and think of her, I share with Elsa and Gavin that "grandma taught mommy this". They are learning that their grandma loved to cook and bake. They are learning what some of her foods tasted like (well sort of, many I haven't perfected yet!). They are learning about the fun activities she liked to do. They are learning what a wonderful person she was. They are learning that she is in Heaven with Jesus and are learning she is looking down on us and is smiling.

1 comment:
Hard to believe it's been 9 years .
Yes your mother would be very proud of you all and would love each
And everyone of those grandkids . She would of loved every minute
With them .
Hugs to you all.
Post a Comment